Am I really busy?

This is the mixture of a snippet from my personal dairy and the thoughts of "the person inside me". I had to quote this sheet from my dairy because I was dead in the blogosphere for quite a long time. Here it goes...

Date: 5th September 2009.
6:00 A.M :
Oh my god! It's already six A.M! I'm too tired! I don't know why I went for the trip with my classmates to Shimasha yesterday! I had hell lot of works being the hostel' student union secretary. Cha! I should be more wiser today...

A bath, a prayer- that's all what I can do in half an hour.

" Hey, Karthik... Where are you man? We have got class from 7:30 AM. Mad EC folks will attend classes like primary school kids... Six separate note books for six subjects. If I bunk, I will surely get shortage of attendance. Come on... Make up yourself soon...Let's ride your bike only... We will reach college soon"

7:35 A.M:
"May I come in mam...?
Class. Optical Fiber Communication. Is this a subject related to communication? I'm learning Greek and Latin in this hour. Not interested in derivations.
Hey, exams are in December, internals after two weeks... No problem!

"Mam.... enough mam" -unified voice from the class.

Oh! I should go to canteen and have my breakfast. Anyway I can easily finish this WORK before this Sir takes next hour!
Ah! We do have two hours' of continuous lecture from 8:30 AM! Data Structures in C++... Subject is interesting, but two hours is really hectic...

8:30 A.M :

Professor is entering into the class.
"Happy teachers' day, Sir"- a louder voice from all the benches.

"Thanks my dear students, for wishing me. I want you to be...." Aha! I have rightly chosen this elective.
" Yes, sir"- I woke up when he called my name. Yippee... I have got the attendance! 2 hours!!!

10:00 A.M
In my friends' room. He forced me to bunk this class. I also wanted the same, eh?
Some discussions about yesterday's road trip, the semester project to be undertaken, the preparations for the placements, some college fests, events, paper presentations and also about the so called- ever green-"Electronics and communication"!
-huh! just one more year with this EC! Who cares? I will join the software engineers gang later, I'm convincing myself.


11:55 A.M :

"Meeting at 2:00 P.M (sharp), at Yampa. See you" - a message from Kaa, the chief of the editorial board. Oh! I have to attend that. I had already missed one meeting yesterday... Oh boy!!!

Ajay will pick me up. I have to finish my lunch by then. I will look at some datasheets now. I have got an interesting IEEE project...

2:00 P.M :

Meeting. New batch of freshers is entering the campus on 7th September. On that freshers' day, we, the ed-board will welcome freshers. We will have our own notice board in the main lobby of the college. We will do this-that- and all...
-Our plans do not have any limit. Yeah, we will reach our plans.

Some more discussions on sponsors for || shabd || -09. Oh! we need sponsorship in terms of tens of thousands. That too within a month or two. Cha, I wish I could be a junior...!

Meeting ended in an hour.

3:00 PM :

We, the ed-board members were invited by Swami Vivekananda youth forum, SJCE. I had to attend that meeting.
Nobody did listen me even when I was telling that I've got to go. Actually I had some other work to do by 4:00 P.M.... OMG! I have to work for more hours today! It's already 5:00 P.M. What are they doing here in this forum??? Maybe it's useful, but not for me!

6:00 PM :

Somehow I returned to my hostel, 5kms away from the college. But how do these hostelmates know how my day was? Hostel day is on the 7th of November. 80k budget. Should go in search of the sponsors of my hostel magazine as well.
Was not it a wiser decision to become the secretary of the students union of my hostel too? Thinking from this standpoint, it is the one which gave me all the leadership qualities. I can't blame it for not giving me a single minute for any other works.
I became the placement secretary later, I could have left that position.... But now I can't leave both!

7:00 PM :
Oh! It's the time to act; not to think. " Hey, Ganesh... Let's go towards Saraswathipuram and double road. I'm with you man... don't worry. We will collect ads-till 8: PM"

8:00 PM :
Hurray! Aptech people have agreed to place full page advertisement in the hostel magazine. One more full page is also confirmed.
"Oh! it's dinner time. Ganesh, we will visit Maruti temple now. We will get back to the hostel for dinner."

8:30 P.M :
My cell phone is ringing.

" Hello.... Amma... yes... Life is fantastic over here, how are you? What's up there? hah? Yeah, I'm studying well. Yeah, I have got shortlisted for Subex. I have interviews in a week. Yeah, attended ALL classes. "
Within half an hour I finished my dinner. I attended some other phone calls as well.

9:00 P.M :

Collage competition in my hostel. Let me not participate. I will write a blog instead. I have not updated it for a long time. I don't know what made me to be that busy. Was that hostel students' union secretary? Placement secretary work? Editorial board work? No, I'm loving all these tasks.
May be the lazy person inside me is thinking that he is busy!


Let me read a book now. I have recently purchased a book- " The monk who sold his Ferrari." I'll smell the new book now!

Comments

good one
it makes a nice reading
varun said…
nice one dude.. i became a witness to ur busy life.. saw u at yampa:)
Unknown said…
Self PAAARRRR.....
Any way u r busy... I know its difficult to do a juggling act...
Aneesh said…
"May be the lazy person inside me is thinking that he is busy!"

I can identify myself with this feeling and so often!!..just that you have put it so lucidly in terms of words :)

However, I also feel that people like you and me and some of our friends that we know can't just sit and bear the frustration of incessant blabber in the class alone...life is much more interesting at Coffee Shop/Nescafe/Katte(like your Yampa); meeting new people for sponsorship/articles;juggling a lot of things at once;...even if it makes us feel exhausted at the end of the day...at least there is a feeling of satisfaction...or hope...than frustration..!
Madhusoodan said…
@Aneesh:
Thanks. I have already stopped studying (ie, the formal education)and started working(for no salary). I love this a lot. I'm really happy that you are also there in the same category :)

It doesn't mean that I have lost interest in my subjects. I'm trying to update myself according to the changes taking place in all fields of corporate world.

Nice comment. I liked it!
kish said…
Nice man, but i'm sure it will all count for something in the end
:)
Only then will There be no regrets.Keep posting, it's a wonderful outlet.

Popular posts from this blog

Venugopalaswamy temple & KRS backwaters.

Logic and common sense

Does 'she' need reservation?