Venugopalaswamy temple & KRS backwaters.

After a fantastic road trip to Melukote, we decided to have one small trip to KRS Backwaters of Mandya district and also to Venugopalaswamy temple. It was 4th of May. I was sleeping, after having the lunch at my hostel mess. Holiday's nap! Aha! By default it will be from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, unless and otherwise there is a call from a friend for a movie! On that day also, I was in a heavy sleepy mood. By 4:30 pm, my friend Praveen called me up and asked me- "Hey, what if we go to Venugopalaswamy temple today only?"
"This guy is a screw"- I thought. It was already the end of the day. Thunders and lightning were there in the sky. "Hey, it's already 4:30pm. What if it rains?" - I asked.

“Hey, you can't see the sunset in the morning! You have to go in the evening only. It will be more interesting and amazing" -Praveen at the other end.
"Alright then"- me and my roommate decided to join the "Let's Poyi" troupe again!
*****

We were totally 6 boys in the group. We left Mysore city by 5: 15pm, in 3 bikes. Since there were thunders, I took my jerkin with me, since it was raining.(Even though it was a summer evening).
The best view of the KRS backwaters can be seen at a distance of 30 km from Mysore city. Go straight ahead from the KRS entrance. (If you take right soon, you will go to BALAMURI, which is another favorite tourism spot).

I was with Sharan. He was riding his bike. A new canal was being created at the right end of KRS. It was so interesting that Sharan went crazy about the big Hitachi bulldozers and captured the snap of this great Engineering process in his dig cam. Meanwhile, other 4 guys had crossed us; we were the last two guys. After spending 5 minutes near the canal, capturing photos in all the angles, we started towards the temple. Soon after that canal, there was a mud-road diversion towards left. "This is the way"- said Sharan, and turned the bike in that route. ( He had already been to the temple).

Unlike our expectation and prediction, it was the wrong and very long route. We were inside the KRS dam in two min!!! Still we could see the temple at the west end. As we were innovative guys, we decided to create new path in the dam (the water level had got down due to summer, we could walk easily by the side. I got down from the bike and was showing the direction to Sharan!

We crossed some agriculture lands, green lands. The water content of the earth was increasing. Even after knowing this, Sharan had come for some 1km in the dam! The tyres went inside; I was too tired out of it! Meanwhile all others had reached the temple and were calling us!
“Hey, lets' go back man..." I shouted with light anger. Sharan agreed and after striving for 20 minutes we "somehow" came out of the dam!
The after we reached Venugopalaswamy temple another 10 minutes. Just 10 kilo meter's ride!

Thunders and lightning went intense, heavy rain started. The raining was as if it was the commencement of the monsoon. We went inside the temple. Actually the original temple has got submerged in the KRS dam. Hence here the temple has got reconstructed. The temple is really awesome! We took rest for a while. Sharan had bought evening snacks, we enjoyed a lot!


Venugopalaswamy temple has its own history. The original temple is still inside the dam. Many say that the temple has been left submerged in the dam purposefully. It prevents the dam from the strong waves hitting!

The raining didn't seem to end. We left the backwaters by 7:30pm. In the heavy rain only we returned. My jerkin helped me a lot! A chota tea in a small shop by the roadside, a pack of 'tiger biscuit' increased the 'josh' of the rainy trip! It was 8:30pm when I reached my hostel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logic and common sense

Does 'she' need reservation?