Who is your Role-model?

Let me ask you a question first- "Who's your role-model?"

Everybody aspires to achieve something in life. As by nature, he looks at the paths traveled by the men who were so called 'successful persons'. When he comes across the various turns that they got on their way to success, he starts comparing those with that of him.
- This is the first stage of taking someone as your 'Role-model' or 'Noble person'.

I'll continue by saying that I don't have any role-models in my life.

-What do you mean by a role-model?

  • I have read the auto-biographies of many famous personalities. As I turn the pages of their life, I have found some similarities between my life and theirs. Of course, I want to see myself in the same dais, where they are standing now. Now the question arises: Are they really my role-models? Or, just mile-stones?

  • If you take the spiritual aspects, the image of Swami Vivekananda may come in front of you. For patriotism, Bhagat-Singh or Mahatma Gandhi may appear in front of you. Why should I go so far? As my next goal is to get into a good core company, I may go through the success story of my immediate seniors, who got into very good companies. Are they the Noble-persons?

FYI, in Sanskrit, ‘Noble’ means, ‘a mirror.’ Take it from me, It indicates your capabilities. Why do like Shahrukh Khan’s acting? Just because you see your expressions in himself. It means that, by nature, you have some capabilities which he is having. He is the reflection of your aspires. In other words, he doesn’t have anything else which you do have.


Nowhere in any biography you will come to know the path traced by the men. Just the path can be traced. The final destination is the one which you also want to reach. Why do you think that you cannot trace it more efficiently than them? If you can, then what’s the need of the role-models?

  • We generally misunderstand the words ‘noble’ and ‘role-model’. See a pole-vault player. Soon the obstacle comes, he throws the pole out, and crosses the obstacles. We need guidance; not the nobles.
  • I’ll conclude by telling that, “If you have liked anyone’s attitude, it means that you have the same attitude. Nothing else.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venugopalaswamy temple & KRS backwaters.

Logic and common sense

Does 'she' need reservation?