Should I vote?

I'm a proud INDIAN, hence I consider myself a right person to blog about this.

Throughout the article, I'm asking you just the questions. I'm seriously haunting for the answers.


After the independence, we have seen many governments, many elections. As we see today, India is developing day-by-day. I know that the government is the most important part in giving contributions to a nation's development. Of course, we need governments in future too, for the development. I agree that I should vote, for this reason.

Have you seen a "Davis cup tennis tournament"? There you will see a "non-playing captain". Do we need a non-playing captain for the nation's development?



I'm a so called 'busy' person. I invest myself in more profitable fields. Before doing anything, I always ask a question to myself: "what if I do this?" This time I'm asking you the same question. What will I get if I vote? Before answering, please note that,
1. I have to travel a distance of 250kms for voting.
2. I've to push aside all my other activities - which would earn me something.

-That was a 'personal' question. Whom should I vote now? I can judge it based on the following parameters:
1. The one because of whom my constituency, my nation has got developed/improved.
2. The one who is better than the other(comparison)

-But I don't think that because of a particular party or person, neither my country, nor my constituency has got improved till today. Moreover, I can't compare two pigs as I don't need any of them.


I have seen the political games like pulling one's leg, corruption, bribe in all the parties. Yes, I have seen the small pocket donations for the development too. Moreover:-
1. If ever we are developed, it is not because of a government; it's because of the strikes, "Raasthaa roko's, Bandh's ..." we have done against the government. And I think we can do this against any government. There's nothing like 'if you don't vote, you don't have the right to protest' kind of rule. Because, all those who have done the strikes, bandhs, they have voted responsibly!!!
2. I believe that democracy is an amazing concept. But the problem is in the implementation part, not in the theme or vision. I cant change it by voting, nor you too.


I'm not telling that all the politicians are hopeless fellows. All are capable ones. But once they are elected, they target not the development/betterment, but the next election! They compete, they pull the other's legs, they corrupt the system! This hopeless AIDS can never be removed from the system. Not even by voting.

- What do you say?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I do agree somewhat with your post, but all you have done is just complain.... Y don't u do somethin to change the scenario in your constituency than investing in your so called "profitable fields".... "Be the change you want to see" .... I knw ther might be some fire in my comment but itz worth it.... Also a comment on comparing pigs, i remember Santosh Hegde (Lokayukta chief) sayin "Just vote, atleast for the best of the worst" thatz wat we all have been doin" from past 50+ yrs.... wud like 2 hear ur comment on thiz !
Madhusoodan said…
@ANONYMOUS:
Yes, I complained; but 'I questioned' is the more precise word.

I'm asking you some suggestions, how can I make this field more profitable.

best of the worst? I think keeping my mouth shut is the best of the worst!
kish said…
I think the system is so vicious that it is too late to change it. As long as we pay taxes, they'll tax us:)
PRAKRIthi said…
thank you for your precious words...
Anonymous said…
What will you prove without voting then? Can you change the system?
Madhusoodan said…
I'm not going to prove anything. I alone cant change the system.

Popular posts from this blog

Venugopalaswamy temple & KRS backwaters.

Logic and common sense

Does 'she' need reservation?