Recession, inflation, unemployement, etc.

I had been to my village in the last January, as I had got my semester holidays. Till then, I was in a sphere of people who were always discussing about all global economic meltdown, job-cuts, placements getting dried and all. So, I thought these holiday times would be the best times to refresh myself from these 'sensitive' discussions. I live in such a village where even BSNL, Vodafone the leading mobile networks don't have their network. People living in such a place won't be aware of these 'hot issues.' -I presumed.

Let me point out something which gave me surprising shocks!

· Even there the demand and supply ratio was not balanced. The farm-owners were searching for efficient front line labours, but the labours were not intended to work in the farm. Whereas the road-infrastructure work, labours were dying to get into. FYI, the salaries in these two were almost the same. Moreover, working in farm wasn’t putting any responsibilities on the labours.

· The village people had worried(?) a lot about recession! They had all updates right from NY stock market index to BSE sensex. I was ashamed since I only was not knowing anything when I was asked.

· Everybody says the unemployment has hit the rural area in a worse manner. I’ll tell you nobody seemed unemployed. Everybody seemed more ‘busy’ than the ones at metropolitans. Right from my neighbors to the village priest, everyone was postponing the appointments!!!

· I saw the most successful way in my villagers, which was leading them to success. “Competition without comparison.” In all spheres, fields of life!

· The eagerness to learn something is deeper in rural area! All were enthusiastic to update themselves!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venugopalaswamy temple & KRS backwaters.

Logic and common sense

Does 'she' need reservation?